I&J LAW is a dynamic, trusted and dependable small firm offering strategic legal advice and services to local and extended communities.
With us, you are not just a ‘ file number’. We are acutely aware that when we close our file you need to live with the outcome.
I&J LAW offers you:
- Personalised, reliable service and communication at all times
- Many years of tried and tested legal practise at unbeatable value
- Assurance that you will have personal access to the same solicitor from start to finish
- Empathy and understanding of the stress that legal matters can bring
- Objective and pragmatic advice, telling you what you need to hear rather than what you want to hear
- Our wealth of knowledge and experience if you want us to represent you
- Guidance through the legal process if you choose to represent yourself
- A solicitor who will come meet with you at a convenient location within the inner-Sydney metropolitan area.
Ilona Beutum is the Principal Solicitor and founder of I&J LAW, formerly known as Ilona Beutum Solicitor.
Ilona has successfully managed and practised in the firm since inception in the early 2000’s. She has an impeccable reputation as a trusted, astute legal professional.
“I embarked on a double degree at the largest english speaking University in Johannesburg, South Africa more than 25 years ago, majoring in psychology and law and taught by leading experts in their respective fields. This dual major, together with my years of experience, enables me to provide an extra dimension of personal communication and empathy in my dealings with all parties.
In the ensuing years, I have gained invaluable experience in the art of litigation, legal drafting and the practice of law and was fortunate to be involved in South Africa’s largest defamation case as well as in high profile Family Law matters and contentious deceased estate litigation. This solid introduction to the Law has provided an entrenched ability to pinpoint the relevant issues and to determine the best way forward.
Arriving on the shores of Western Australia, in my mid twenties, my passion for justice exposed me to extensive family law litigation, this time with ‘salt-of-the-earth’ clientele and enhanced my appreciation of working with diverse elements of the socio-economic spectrum.
Working in Sydney has increased my versatility exposing me to the formalities of Australian Supreme Court litigation and has provided challenging Family Law issues, Probate, Wills (drafting and contested), Power of Attorney and residential Conveyancing and Leases. I am also experienced in technical litigation through the Appellate Division in Canberra.
I enjoy applying my extensive experience to the vast array of individuals across various socio-economic sectors and communicating tactically sound, professional, legal advice in an amiable manner.
I am committed to providing clients with direction when dealing with real-life situations by tackling the intricacies of the law in a user-friendly and personable manner so the experience is less daunting than it might otherwise be.”